Not much time has passed for Google’s new algorithm update in 2021. It is called Page Experience Update that focuses on measuring the page rank experience.
In simple words, a new page experience update checks the webpage’s usability. It turns out to find how a user is interacting with a particular page.
Focusing on this update can be an important ranking factor, especially for an eCommerce business. Retailers can turn the focus of their eCommerce SEO services to lay special emphasis on page experience.
But how does this update affects the functioning or we say sales of an online retail business? This is what, you are going to find in this post.
So, here, our main focus will be on Google’s new page experience update on the eCommerce business.
Before that let’s first recap the significance of the new algorithm.
Google’s New Algorithm On Improving Page Experience
The Google page experience is all about the experience new viewers have on your web pages. It denotes how users react to your eCommerce store pages and interact with them.
To get a more satisfying user experience, you need to create more optimized web pages.
When we say optimizing the pages, it means enhancing the search category. For example, if a person searches for Women Leather Shoes online and comes to your site. On the other side, you are only offering Men’s Leather Shoes, and then users will be dissatisfied and leave your site.
Here, privilege should be given to the search intent by a particular eCommerce player to increase conversion.
As per the new update, a new ranking factor has been rolled out to increase the user’s experience. On top of that, UX models are incorporated to build an object-oriented user experience.
Different Ways Google Algorithm affects your eCommerce Store
The new page experience update does not act as a roadblock for the eCommerce business. Although, it demands a considerable amount of time to be invested in organizing the content and product offering.
There are several effective tips available to handle the Google algorithm for an eCommerce site. Some of which are mentioned below:
1. Mobile Optimized eCommerce Site: In the new interface of page experience, much emphasis is given to mobile-optimized sites. The point here is to create a mobile-optimized eCommerce platform to improve the page and user experience. If you continue to deliver web experience, you are likely to experience a sudden drop in traffic. Thus, focus more on mobile optimization or even app launching efforts to enhance sales patterns.
2. Blogger Outreach: As per the new update, the content will be of extreme importance. Therefore, invest in quality information. Give special preference to content creation and blogging interactions to enhance traffic. If possible, then make the most out of blogger outreach services from a recognized eCommerce SEO service company in India.
3. Secure the HTTP Building: Google is more interested in preferring secure websites. Be ready for the security check of your eCommerce platform. Be it like broken links, spammy backlinks, content, pictures, and more will have to pass Google’s security check.
4. Build a Secure Admin: Pay special attention to the secure admin area of your eCommerce website. As per the new update, do regular health checkups of your site and take the daily backups. It is important to prevent any kind of unexpected disruption on the website.
5. Prevent Viruses & Malware: The new algorithm update prefers a safe browsing experience. This calls for safeguarding the platform from viruses and malware. Concerning this, eCommerce sites should focus more on building a secure system for all the customers.
A. Compare with Competitors
* Compare the top categories of products that you sell and your competitors.
* Take a hard look at the well-performing eCommerce pages of your competitors. And, see what changes can be done to yours.
* Identify the themes, product categorization, and chat support of the rival brands.
* Do at least once a year compares with the competitive brand which is performing well than yours.
B. Analyze your Layout & Design Elements
* Look at your site’s design elements and see which ones are performing well or not.
* Try and identify to improve user experience and convert more users into prospective customers.
* Sometimes remove the newsletter signup CTA to directly compels users to purchase from you.
* Be ready to bring an optimum level of satisfying user experience not just too new but to existing customers as well.
Every now and then, Google introduces new updates. It is not just about making specific changes or affecting the ranking of your site. Updates are more about understanding the value proposition given to customers with changing times. Thus, a big difference can be made to the eCommerce website, especially after page experience update. It’s a result-oriented practice to bring new changes and improve products sales of the online retail business. Continue to know more about the latest updates in the eCommerce sector by getting in touch with your SEO service partner.
Guest Blogger. Digital Marketing Specialist. 8+ years of experience in SEO, SMO/SMM, PPC, ORM, and YouTube.