QuickBooks Error 557 occurs when a user tries to download payroll updates after upgrading their QuickBooks Desktop to a newer version. This error can also be an indirect result of damage done to the Windows operating system files.
If you are looking to get expert advice related to this matter, kindly dial +1 (800) 314-0226.
How can users effectively traverse Error 557 in QuickBooks?
When a user attempts to download payroll updates, they may face this error. There are several solutions, as you shall find below –
Solution 1 -Use System Restore for Windows
- Log in to your computer using Administrator credentials.
- Click on the Start button and then Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore in this sequence.
- Now select a restore point you had previously created or choose one from automatically generated restore points.
- Hit the Next button and wait for the system restore process to initiate.
- Once the system restores finishes, restart your Windows.
- After the restoration process completes, restart your QuickBooks application. These steps will hopefully resolve Error 557 While Updating Payroll.
Solution 2 – Update your QuickBooks Desktop manually.
This step is useful when attempting to bypass QuickBooks 2018 Error 557.
- Closeout of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the QuickBooks Download and Update Page.
- Then choose your Country> Product> Version.
- Click on the Search option.
- Click on the Get the latest updates option. It may take some time to download this, depending on the file size and internet speed.
- Once it completes downloading, click on the downloadable file(.exe)
- If prompted, select Yes.
- Now follow all on-screen instructions to launch the QuickBooks update and resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 557.
Solution 3 – Backup your QuickBooks File
- Start your system and type in the command in the search box.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift keys simultaneously and press Enter.
- You will now be at the permission panel.
- Click on the Yes option. These steps will help resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 557.
- The recording machine will open up with a blinking indicator. Then, type in Regedit and click on Enter.
- Select the Error 557– related key in the written record editor.
- Choose the Export option from the File menu.
- In the Save In the List option, choose the folder wherein you would like to evade draining the QuickBooks backup key.
- Type in a name for your computer file in the File Box name.
- Ensure that the picked option is the Selected branch option in the Export range box.
- Click on the Save option.
- The file saves with a .reg file extension.
- Now, you will have the backup of your QuickBooks-related inscribed record entry. You will have hopefully resolved QuickBooks Showing Error Message 557 by now.
Solution 4 – Download your QuickBooks Payroll Updates
- Open up your QuickBooks Desktop
- Move over to the Employees tab
- Choose the Get Payroll Update option
- Select the Download the entire payroll update
- Click on the Update option, and you will have hopefully resolved Unable to Update Payroll Error 557.
Can’t find a personalized solution?
Guest Blogger. Digital Marketing Specialist. 8+ years of experience in SEO, SMO/SMM, PPC, ORM, and YouTube.