University of Saint La Salle established in the year 1863. The history of La Salle was intertwined with the history of Philadelphia during the Civil War. La Salle’s rich past has been discussed in many ways around the story of Catholic immigration which helped change America. For more than 150 years, the brothers and their Lasallian partners have made significant contributions to the development of young people from different backgrounds and traditions. The University of St. La Salle is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Bacolod City, Western Visayas. It is officially recognized by the Commission on Higher Education of the Philippines. There are various MBBS abroad consultants are available in India who offer MBBS in Philippines from Saint La Salle University.
Facts and Figures of University of Saint La Salle
- La Salle University is a Catholic University dedicated to adhering to the principle that all knowledge is practical and empowering, and can change lives.
- According to the Uni Rank, the rankings of the university rank 55 in the country itself and 8955 worldwide.
- The Institution is recognized by the topmost organizations such as NMC (National Medical Commission) and WHO (World Health Education).
- The University of Saint La Salle has more than 12657 students enrolled having 576 administrative staff.
The location of Saint La Salle University is in Bacolod, Philippines. It is well known as the City of Bacolod, the first-class highly urbanized city of Negros Occidental province of the Philippines. The city Bacolod comes under a tropical monsoon climate having a fair amount of rainfall. The average temperature of the city is 27.1°C where may is the hottest month of the year, and January is the coldest month.
Saint La Salle University has a skilled department for medicine. The university offers different colleges which are given below –
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Dentistry
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Saint La Salle University
- Recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education & Research (FAIMER), and World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
- Provides a favorable environment and attracts international students from many countries like United States (US), UK (United Kingdom), Germany, Belarus, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and different European countries.
- Study MBBS in Philippines fees as in terms of Saint La Salle University is very affordable.
- Compared with other popular foreign education destinations, such as the United States (US), Australia, the United Kingdom (UK), or China, the tuition is affordable.
- No donation fee is required for admission to the university.
- Direct admission process, supported by NMAT (the National Medical Admission Test) scores.
Question 1. What category of visa would be applicable to study MBBS in the university?
Answer: There are two types of student visas for international students to study MBBS in the Philippines, including student visas issued by the Philippine Embassy in their home country and exchange student visas by professors or researchers.
Question 2. What is the semester calendar for the MBBS degree?
Answer: According to the guidelines authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Philippines, the regular semester calendar followed by the Philippines in June to October and November to March.