Unlike the natural intelligence that is displayed by human beings and animals, artificial intelligence is the intelligence displayed by machines.
Artificial intelligence is a branch of computer science that builds smart machines that are capable of performing tasks without using human intelligence. AI aspires to simulate human intelligence in machines.
Artificial intelligence falls under two categories, that is narrow artificial intelligence and artificial general intelligence. Let us look at these categories in detail.
- Narrow AI: Narrow AI is often referred to as weak artificial intelligence, as it operates in a limited context. This type of artificial intelligence is focused on performing a single task extremely well. This kind of artificial intelligence faces a lot of constraints and limitations. Narrow AI can be found all around us, and we don’t even realize how much we use it. Some examples of narrow artificial intelligence include google searches, image recognition software, Siri, Alexa, other personal assistants, and self-driving cars. Most of the narrow artificial intelligence is based on deep learning and machine learning. The implementation of artificial intelligence in retail market is helping retailers to realign supply chains, recognize dynamic demand, understand new market trends, and more.
- Artificial General Intelligence: This is often referred to as strong AI. AGI is an artificial intelligence that is very similar to human intelligence and can be applied to solving almost any problem. Dystopian science fiction movies that showcase robots taking over the world are based on this type of artificial intelligence, although we do not need to worry about this happening anytime soon.
Here are some ways that using artificial intelligence can benefit your business. Every business today should consider consulting an artificial intelligence company.
- Smart decisions: For making smarter business decisions, artificial intelligence is a must. AI technology can be used for analyzing trends, developing data, maintaining performance consistency, providing forecasts for better decision-making processes for the company. Since AI is not programmed to have human emotions, it makes unbiased decisions.
- Better customer experience: Customer queries and grievances are addressed quickly and more efficiently because of AI-powered solutions. Chatbots that have conversational AI with natural language processing technology are able to generate personalized messages for customers. This reduces the strain on customer care staff and makes the whole process smoother.
- Research and analysis of data: Data can be analyzed with accuracy because of machine learning technology. Predictive models and algorithms can be created to process the. data and to understand different trends, scenarios, and potential outcomes. AI can also speed up the analysis and processing of data for research and development, something that would take a lot longer if done by human beings.
- Solution to complex problems: Developments like deep learning and machine learning models have made it possible to solve complex problems easily. Issues like fraud detection, personalization in customer service, medical analysis are all made easier because of artificial intelligence. Better efficiency in solving these complex problems has led to reduced operational costs and increased productivity.
- Continuity of business: AI helps in fast decision making and prepares for the continuation of business in times of emergency. Risk management relies heavily on data management and analysis, which is why AI-powered tools can help companies respond to crises proactively. Machine learning and AI can also create scenarios to prepare the organization for an impending crisis so that it can plan a speedy recovery strategy.
- Fewer Errors: Another really important benefit is that it reduces the risk of manual errors. This is very important for businesses that cannot afford to make any errors.